Saturday 5 March 2011

talking of the devil: Verdena

Since I left Italy, I've been a bit far away from italian music.
Time to brush it up a bit. There's a band from my city,WOW! (what a word game..ahah...you will get it later on in this post) They are now considered the top of Italian indie rock. VERDENA.
The got to be known in 1999 with an album that marked my teens, very much influenced by Nirvana.
Here you go Valvonauta, the big hit of the album



The 2001 is the year of Solo un grande sasso, an album I don't know that much, and maybe the less successful in general.

A big turning point is the third album Il suicidio del samurai. The former formation guitar+bass+drum is enriched by a keybord, and their sound evolves becoming more complex and elaborated. We are in 2004.
This time not the big hit, but my favourite. Glamodrama



2007. As they like to call it here: Requiem is the maturity's album.

It alternates psychedelic sounds from the 70's, to some stoner rock, but also some delight pop songs.
Not a great fan of psychedelia..so...get this pop song
Trovami un modo semplice per uscirne



But the band's metamorphosis is not accomplished yet. Four year after Verdena come back with a new LP: WOW, 2001
I haven't listen to it yet,carefully I mean, but this one caught my attention at first listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment