Monday 21 March 2011

I was in the wood when I saw a Lizard

I was having a run in the wood just behind my place yesterday, when I fell in a lysergic dream.
It came unexpectedly, in a sunny sunday afternoon. It wasn't due to the effort of the run, but to the new Crystal Stilts album. The soil was muddy and it was floating under my feet. Then, suddenly I saw myself lying on a bench, 40 years ago, somewhere in California under a Sycamore Tree. It is the opening song of In love with Oblivion. The band from Brooklyn seems to have left aside their punk groove for a more Doors-inspired psycadelia. But my paranoia dream lasted just a few minutes. With Through the floor, the following song and new single, the band reaffirms its own garage rock style of the previous album. An easy listening song, not by chance, chosen as the new single, with an intro recalling even some 60's girly Best Coast's style.

Not a review, just a piece of emotional writing inspired by music

No comments:

Post a Comment