Friday 4 March 2011

A short parenthesis home

Yes, I am back for a little holiday at my parents'.
I've started writing my thesis on creative Nantes, and all in a sudden, my brother tells me he got involved in a brandnew creative projet: Neverlab

At the moment, it is an agency dealing with mainly concerts and festivals. However, they also started building up a booking part with a few bands to promote.
Of course, we are talking about independent music.
I am actually quite excited and hopeful about this structure: it was born in a rich terrotory (both musically and economically speaking) but, until now, pretty sleepy. Regarding to music events in fact, Bergamo has been always living in the shade of Milan. I actually think that Bergamo is going to became part of Milan outskirts in some decades. Neverlab could really shake the city and its province, bringing some fresh air by setting big events, and putting new ideas on the table.
And of course, above all, it might foster italian indie music by highlighting its potential.
Also to be noted...the ideal goal: to liberalise music industry from majors' tentacles by opening italian indie music to Europe...well, hej, that's my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment