Sunday 28 November 2010

Getting lost #2 or finding my own music taste?




Here's the new Dntel.


My life in Denmark definitely opened my music taste towards the electro sound.
Where I come from, and i am talking about the country but also the music tradition i grew up in, was 90'britpop, italian alternative rock and radiohead, Amnesiac excluded.
Let's say that at my place electronic music was for considered a bit for junkies. I guess in italy in general it is this way, as electronic is really not in our culture.
But once in dk i got addicted to certain sounds, cold and emotional at the same time. Ja, it started with the knife and some trentemøller, but now it is going down until lulu rouge.
Now, home, i am definitely a junkie, musically speaking.

That is what i meant when talking to my flatmates i said i felt weird about liking Baths, 'cause it is not my style. I don't want to close myself into a listeners' category, but those simples still sound weird at my ears, even if i can't stop listening to that album, and i love it. It's just last exemple of my music taste development, of the departure from the starting point of my bro's taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment