Friday 28 May 2010

Waiting for the Karnival

1. Jeg er færdig (i am done) with my semestral project.
2. Perfect song (well, just for the title, and the scandinavian sound) before the famouz Aalborg Karnival. I got the album Life from the Cardigans when I was 13. It was my brother's Christmas present. Ja, I was already a scandinavian fan.



3. So, in this moody lazy afternoon people are busy thinking about their crazy costumes for the parade, while I have found the topic of my Master thesis.
Months ahead yeah, maybe because i have someone close who keeps on saying that one needs to plan...well, I definitely got the Danish-planner way now.
So i'm going to write about a city (maybe Kbh?) and the relation with the musical scene and the impact on its identity. Something within the area called Urban Studies, i guess.
While looking for some literature i have found this American guy who's really into cities :)
He claims that in a globalized world, the place where one decides to live is more and more important. The book is Who's your city? by Richard Florida. I'm curious to read it.
In the meanwhile though, I did a test I've found on his website. The results are not exactely encouraging for me and my future déplacement, but the cities I've considered are quite different in size and they are in different country! So the outcome was fairly obvious. But, somehow it can help having an idea, in particular, if the cities are in the same country, and differences are not due to culture.

E.

No comments:

Post a Comment